Ever wonder what all those different colored lights on your Mileage Ace mean? First, let’s identify the names of these different lights:
The Business Button
The purpose of this light is to tell you if you are being tracked and also if you are in business mode.
Tracking Status Colors
The GPS colors will tell you whether you are being tracked or not. This light will either be one of these colors, or flashing between blue and one of these colors (see Business Mode Color below).
- GREEN: It’s tracking you (good GPS signal)
- RED: It’s not tracking you (acquiring GPS signal)
- ORANGE: Same as red, but your mileage tracker has a low battery and should be allowed to charge for an hour or two when you are done driving. You will rarely, if ever, see this.
In normal use you will see Red right when the device turns on or if you are inside. Otherwise you will see Green.
Business Mode Color
If this light is blinking blue, business mode is ON. That is the only time it will blink blue, otherwise it will be one of the tracking colors.
Wifi Upload Status
You can just watch this light instead of running the Test Upload process to verify that your device is uploading.
This light will be off almost all the time because the device only uses Wifi right after the car has turned on, or right after the car has turned off.
In a normal upload, your the wifi light on the mileage tracker will display the following sequence of colors:
- ORANGE: Searching for a known Wifi network. This would be any network that you have added using the setup page.
- BLUE: The device is connected to the Mileage Ace server and is uploading a batch of trips.
- GREEN: The upload was successful.
- RED (this is rare): No trip data has been lost, but it was not successfully sent to your account on the Mileage Ace server. You may occasionally see this but if it continues, please contact support.
Device Power Status
This light is quite simple:
- GREEN: Getting power from USB
- ORANGE: Turning off (no power from USB)