What you need
- Your Mileage Ace Pro device
- A data-capable Micro USB cable like the one included with your Mileage Ace Pro (beware, some Micro USB cables are only for charging and won’t work for this)
- A Windows or Mac computer
- Internet access
Instructions for Windows Computers
If you have a Mac, please click here to see the Mac update instructions.
- Do not connect your Mileage Ace Pro device to the computer yet. If it is connected, please disconnect before continuing.
- Download and run/install the Mileage Ace Pro firmware updater installer.
- Open the newly installed Mileage Ace Pro Updater application. You can run this by clicking in the Windows search bar and type “Mileage Ace Pro Updater”. It can also be found in All Applications / Mileage Ace.
- You will be prompted to Install the drivers – click OK
- Give your computer permission to install the drivers, and wait for the black window to close. You’ll get the following message when the drivers are installed:
- Connect your Mileage Ace Pro to the computer. When connected you should see the message in the window update to say “Device found! Please click the button below to update your firmware”.
- Click the Update Firmware button! You’ll see the message in the window change a number of times – eventually showing a percentage counting up to 100% verified. When it has completed, you will see the following message popup:
Your done! The firmware is updated and you are set to go.
Instructions for Mac
- Plug your Mileage Ace Pro into your computer.
- Click to download the mac firmware updater (it is a zip file).
- Navigate into the zip file contents (you will need to extract the zip file to its own folder if it didn’t do this automatically).
- Right-click on the file called UpdateFirmware.command and choose OPEN.
A window will open showing some text output. You don’t need to do anything here, just let it run.
- When it completes you should see a line saying “Verify successful”. The output should look like this:
- That’s it! Exit this window and put your mileage tracker back in the car.
Firmware Update failed
If you run into an issue updating your firmware, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a screenshot of your screen so we can see exactly what error was reported.